Greenwith farm was founded in November 1846 by Mr Thomas Roberts who bought the land after moving to South Australia from the UK. He had worked as a miner at the Greenwith Mine, and when he moved to South Australia, he took a job as a mining captain.
Later on, Greenwith Farm was bought by John Henry Tilley. At this time it was blooming with citrus orchards and had dairy cows, grain crops and hay. Eventually the dairy cows were sold and replaced with beef cattle and sheep.
Some of the streets which surround the development were named after the citrus orchards of Greenwith Farm including: Orchard Street, Lime Court and Orange Grove.