Health Centre

The College Health Centre is staffed by Registered Nurses and we place great importance on keeping your child healthy and safe at school.

Students who are unwell or injured at school will be treated by the College Nurse, and parents will be contacted to collect their child where necessary. 

The College has Ambulance Cover for any children injured while at school; however, this does not cover pre-existing illnesses (such as Asthma), and parents are advised to have their own Ambulance cover.

We ask that parents are vigilant in keeping students at home when displaying any cold, flu or COVID symptoms. This will support us to keep people safe and well as we continue to prioritise the health and wellbeing of the College community.

We ask that all parents/caregivers ensure the College has the most up-to-date information and supporting documentation for any students that have medical conditions or may require medication during school periods


It is expected that medication kept at school must be accompanied by a signed Medication Agreement and/or Care Plan .

  • All medication must be clearly labelled with a pharmacy label, in date, and in its original packaging (this includes over-the-counter medications such as antihistamines, paracetamol etc).
  • The pharmacy label must include the students’ name and administration instructions that match the medication agreement instructions. A Pharmacist can label prescription and over-the-counter medications.
  • A separate Medication Agreement is required for each medication.
  • Action/First aid and care plans should also be completed by a Doctor or Nurse Consultant
  • Parents/Caregivers can complete the medication agreement for other medication(s).
  • Expired medication will not be administered to students.
  • Students with an Asthma plan who require an inhaler (eg Asmol/Ventolin/Salbutamol), should also provide a spacer as this delivers the medication with maximum effect

If your child has an infectious condition, you may need to keep them home from school to stop it from spreading. Please click here for a list of common childhood illnesses and their recommended exclusion periods. 

If you are unsure if your child requires a Health Care Plan, or if you would like to talk to us about any specific health needs, please feel free to contact the College Nurse at